A work in progress, here we have what for me are the better posts I’ve put up. I suppose I could have had a page for the rubbish but that would be … displeasing, at least to me. I should add that I think some of these are written well but others not. Those latter are still fondly thought of for their unrealized potential.
So by year, though the posts themselves are in no particular order, these would be the ones I liked.
- What Star Trek did to me
- The class system is alive and well and now online
- Readers have responsibilities too
- I wonder what she’ll say today
- Generations, transitions, moving pictures
- Literacy is a prerequisite for independence
- Monetizing meaning: what is content anyway?
- Is usability kaput?
- Who are we not hearing from?
- The first draft is the outline
- Writers incognito
- Boring copy – writing as decor
- Writing supports sales
- Three thoughts (on writing)
- Read the copy out loud
- Business and the creative brain
- Clever copy
- Language as a communication barrier
- Better writing – three tips
- Voice, blogs and Elmore Leonard
- Respect customers and yourself – ends and means
- 12 rules for Web writing
- Web writing rule 8 – know a little but not a lot
- Discouraging words – framing and control
- Celebrities and tsunamis, scale and scope
Other years to be added …