I finally got around to taking a look at what my most popular posts were in 2011. I figured, 2012 is half over, probably time to get around to it.
Apparently I need not have done it. Many are the same most popular posts today (see right sidebar). Of these ten, one is from 2005 and one is from 2007. The remaining eight are all from 2010. Seems like nothing I wrote in 2011 had any lingering impact.
- Social media is gossip (that’s why it works)
- Metaphors and similes like bling for words
- How to waste your time effectively
- Repetition is good so it’s good to repeat ourselves
- What are stories?
- So it goes: Kurt Vonnegut exits
- Short mystery: Michael Chabon and The Final Solution
- Visual storytelling: know your medium
- What is the point of success?
- Facing the stairs
For what it’s worth, the list of most popular posts in 2010 was considerably different.